- New functions in tools.vmi for angular integration and averaging, replacing angular_integration() and average_radial_intensity(), which had incorrect or nonintuitive behavior (PR #318, PR #319).
- Avoid unnecessary calculations in transform.Transform() for the symmetry_axis=(0, 1) case (PR #324).
- Added odd angular orders to tools.vmi.Distributions (PR #266).
- Important! Some “center” functions/parameters are renamed to “origin” or “method”; using old names still works but will print deprecation warnings, please update your code accordingly. Image origin is now always in the (row, column) format for consistency within PyAbel and with NumPy/SciPy; this can break some code, so please check carefully and update it if necessary. See PR #267.
- Fixed the GUI examples (example_GUI.py and example_simple_GUI.py) so that they work with the lastest versions of tk (PR #269).
- New method rBasex for velocity-map images, based on pBasex and the work of Mikhail Ryazanov (PR #270).
- Added “orders”, “sinpowers” and “valid” to tools.vmi.Distributions results, reordered cossin() powers for consistency (PR #270).
- Improved tools.vmi.Distributions performance on Windows (PR #270).
- More corrections to the GUI example: working without the “bases” directory, loading “from transform”, interface enhancements (PR #277).
- Improved documentation (PR #283, PR #288).
- Correctly use quadrants in abel.Transform (PR #287).
- Circularization now uses periodic splines (to avoid discontinuity), with smoothing determined by the RMS tolerance instead of the nonintuitive “smooth” parameter (PR #293).
- Corrected and improved tools.center (PR #302).
- Moved numpy import to try block in setup.py. This allows pip to install PyAbel in situations where numpy is not already installed (PR #310).
- New tools.vmi.Distributions class for extracting radial intensity and anisotropy distributions (PR #257).
- Dropped PyAbel version from basex cache files (PR #260).
- Added forward transform to basex method (PR #240).
- Corrected tools.transform_pairs.profile4 (PR #241).
- Removed tools.transform_pairs.profile8, which was the same as profile6 (PR #241).
- Major changes in benchmark.AbelTiming class (PR #244, #252).
- Corrected image shift in onion_bordas method (PR #248).
- Changed gradient calculations in hansenlaw method to first-order finite difference (PR #249).
- Corrected background width for Dribinski sample image in tools.analytical.SampleImage (PR #255).
- Implemented Tikhonov regularization in basex method (PR #227).
- Improvements and changes in basis caching for methods using basis sets (PR #227, #232, #235).
- Improvements in basis generation for basex method, allow any sigma (PR #235).
- Added intensity correction to basex method (PR #235).
- New tools.polynomial module for analytical Abel transform of piecewise polynomials (PR #235).
- Lin-BASEX method of Thomas Gerber and co-workers available (PR #177)
- Dasch two-point, three-point (updated), and onion-peeling available (PR #155).
- Changed abel.transform to be a class rather than a function. The previous syntax of abel.transform(IM)[‘transform’] has been replaced with abel.Transform(IM).transform.